Difficult: The most difficult part of the text for me was verifying if two sets are isomorphic and homomorfic. The concept is fairly new. In my Math 190 class, we spent considerable time proving if functions were injective, surjective, and bijective. This was rigorous for me, but now we have to prove that a function is bijective and prove part (iii) of the theorem in order to show that the two sets are isomorphic. I think I just need practice doing so.
Reflective: The most interesting part of the section for me was the very beginning. I loved how the textbook showed the literal "replacing" of elements of Z(5) with elements of the new set S. This illustrated really well to me what it means to be a bijective function and what it means for two sets to be isomorphic. I want to use examples like this in class when I teach so that I can help students "get it."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment