Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Assignment 13: Section 4.4

Difficult: The most difficult part of this section for me was making the connection between the roots of a polynomial and the irreducibility of a polynomial. It conceptually makes sense, but I need to think about it more and analyze the proofs in class in order to understand it better. I also at first had a hard time distinguishing between f(x) as an element of F[x] and f(x) as a rule for a polynomial function. Although these concepts are difficult for me now, I know that discussing them in class will help.

Reflective: I think learning about the characteristics of polynomials in terms of the ring F[x] is helping me to understand the properties I learned in middle and high school. I am beginning to understand polynomials on a deeper level. I think this will help me to understand what a "root" is below the surface level.

No comments:

Post a Comment