Thursday, September 10, 2009

Assignment 5: Section 2.3

Difficult: The main concepts of this section were fairly easy for me to understand. However, I could not quite understand the proof for Corollary 2.9. I think I may have missed an important step because I stop understanding when the authors begin to prove the uniqueness of the solution of ax = b in Z(p). I would like to go over the proof in class.

Reflective: Like I stated at the beginning of the year, I am quite fascinated with prime numbers! I think it is so interesting that Z(p) when p is a prime can have so many interesting and convenient properties. I would like to study prime numbers more. I think I need more practice finding the unique solution for ax = b in Z(p) or in Z(n) when (a, n) = 1. I understand it when I read it, but my brain doesn't quite grasp all of the reasoning or the application. I would like to go on and study more about this set of prime numbers. I hope we keep studying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment