Difficult: The most difficult parts of this section for me were the theorems regarding cyclic groups. I understand what a cyclic group is, but some of the proofs were a little hard for me to follow. I struggled understanding especially the proofs of Thm. 7.14, 7.15, and 7.16. I think it would also be helpful for me to see some examples of subgroups and cyclic groups. Although there were lots of examples in the book, the authors never really proved that the examples actually worked. I think it would be helpful for me to see a proof of an example (that it is a subgroup/cyclic group, etc.) in class.
Reflective: The most interesting part of this section for me was Theorem 7.14. Although the proof was a little difficult to follow, it was interesting to look into the subgroup generated by one element. I think that it is interesting to see that one element can generate a subgroup of a group.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment